Menu

How much time per day for IEW's PAL?

Considering getting this for ds5 next year (1st). However, I can't commit to more than 2 hours for math and LA per day for him. I'd like to spend between 30 and 45 minutes on math so that would leave 1.25 to 1.5 hours for PAL. Would PAL fit into that time period?

Also, how much time does it take up front to prep all of the material?

Thanks!

I wish I could tell you for sure but we are just ordering it now! I watched the webinar on their website, and from what I understand, you would have plenty of time to fit it in. I have read that people adjust it to their schedule, and maybe don't do as much as they suggest every single day. That is my plan because I have older children I need to teach also. I know that the first month is supposed to take the longest, so I thought about doing that over the summer when I wouldn't have regular school work to worry about. Hopefully someone else will reply that has actually used it- I would love to know too:)

We're using both the PAL reading and writing....mind you, we've only done 2 lessons so far:D That being said, it does not take us more than an hour to do both. There is no way my boys would sit still that long;)

Set-up is really not that bad at all. It's just making some file folder games. It took me about 1/2 an hour to set up 1/2 the games. It's really just cutting and pasting....