Menu

7th grade science

For my daughter who will be in 7th grade next year.

We have the BJU Life Science that I used with my older daughter last year. It worked well for my older daughter but I just don't see it as a good fit for my younger one. I also have The Rainbow - textbook and teacher guide that I picked up used but have never used.

So I'm looking for something that is either secular or not but that will cover a little bit of everything. She is not a huge science lover so it needs to have hands on (we really liked the Real Science 4 Kids because of the experiments each week). A whole year of one topic will not work for her...

Suggestions?

(Not a big Apologia fan...)

Maybe some of the TOPS science units? It is ALL hands on with graphing and sketching etc. They have many different topics. We did the radish unit last year for life science and wish we had done more. The length of time for the units varies but you can look at the table of contents etc at their site. Most can be done once or twice a week. Others (like the radish or corn unit) take an almost every day commitment. Radish seedlings wait for no man!

If she isn't a science lover but will be a 7th grader, I would suggest choosing units where she is towards the top of the suggested age range. That way, she is challenged but will feel successful.