Menu

Science questions - you'd think I'd get it right by now!

Shelly in IL

Hi, two boys - 7th and 3rd.

7th grader will have completed Apologia's Exploring Creation with Gen. Science and I am looking to Phys. Sci. for fall. Will this be too much for him? He is enjoying Gen. Science, but I find it a bit dry. I will probably only have him at home through 8th and want to cover things well.

3rd Grader - I am looking at the new Nebel's course, Alpha-Omega LifePacks and am open to suggestion. We did Sonlight 2nd grade science this year - not crazy about it.

Any suggestions would be great. Thanks

My 7th grader did Physical Science this year and it was fine. The text is very straightforward and about the same difficulty as General Science. There are few math formulas, but it is at most a pre-algebra level.

I can't answer as to Nebel's. I've used the Apologia Elementary series with my youngers and I love it! I love the narrations and notebooking (not lapbooking; that would drive me crazy!), the experiments and down to level explanations. Can't recommend them highly enough!

HTH,

Lisa