Menu

I get to order TOG (finally!) what do I need to order first?

Shelly in IL

It depends. I, personally, would get a bonus bundle. From the TOG web site:

bb08y2.gif Bonus Bundle 08: Year 2

Here's your best deal on a year's worth of Tapestry of Grace products!

The Bundle: one complete Year-Plan, Map Aids, and reinforced tabs--plus your choice of Writing Aids, a full year of Pop Quizzes, a full year of lapbook kits, or every level of Evaluations.

The Bonus: your choice of a Unit 1 Pop Quiz, Unit 1 Lapbook Kit, any one level of Evaluations, or $15 Gift Certificate.

Put them together and you've got the most bang for your educational buck!

Price: $295.00

If you didn't want any of the extras I would at least get the year plan and the Map Aids.

I personally love ALL the add-ons. If you have younger, crafty children that learn by doing, the lapbooks are very nice. If you have older children and you want a means by which to evaluate their learning for a transcript, the Evaluations are fabulous. We tested every week and did all the Unit Exams. Before they had the evaluations, I always wondered how to go about grading their understanding. This really helped. The Pop-quizzes are nice for dad - and I listened to them early in the week while getting ready in the morning (they are a 10 minute overview of each week), to get me going before I read the teacher's notes. This would be the optional leave out, if you liked everything else they offer for extras and didn't want to purchase everything.

Have fun shopping!

Pam

Do you want to do the writing portion of TOG or do you already have a writing program? Writing Aids would be good if you are using TOG for writing. Pop Quiz is a good summary for dad, but I like to listen to them myself. The lapbooks would be fun for your 3rd grader (maybe even your 7th grader.)

If I were new to TOG I would purchase the bonus bundle with Writing Aids and a lapbook as a the bonus.

The easiest thing to do is go to the Bookshelf and do a power search of year 2 lower grammar, I think you can only do one unit at a time. Put all the items in a cart and you will see the price. I use my library a lot, I don't use every book, and I buy used; if you are willing to do those things you will not spend anything near what is in the cart.