Menu

Creative writing age 9 3rd grade

Walking-Iris

This is a story that my ds (just turned 9) wrote and I'm just curious how others would perceive it. I'm going to type it exactly as he wrote it (punctuation, spellings and all) This wasn't an assignment, but was him writing for the fun of it!!

Sam lived with his aunt and uncle. They had a dog named *Stich* (crossed that out and corrected himself) Stitch. Stitch saw a poodle named Sophie. "No poodles for you," said Sam. "Mr. Bustis is the man who doesn't like dogs with poodles," Sam went shopping with his aunt and uncle. Stitch sneaked into Mr. Bustis' yard. Sophie was in a cage. Mr. Bustis saw Stitch. "I'll stop your doggy harm!" he yelled. Mr.Bustis grabbed a branch and knocked Stitch on the head. Then Stitch grabbed a huge log and whacked Mr. Bustis on the head. Mr. Bustis knocked himself out cold. Stitch and Sophie went home. Sam was waiting. "Did I tell you no poodles?!?" yelled Sam. Stitch barked. "All right, you can have her," said Sam. Stitch and Sophie barked and rolled together. Sam had two pet dogs. "You never can tell, he said.

Stay tuned

for part 2 in 2 days.

No paragraph indents or breaks---still working on him with that. The spelling is perfect, punctuation okay. My main question? Does it make sense? I usually don't worry about having him edit when he's just playing like this---but it does take some reading again I think to get what the story is about---and his try at a joke as the ending is cute, but hard to understand. So thoughts?