Menu

Feeling deprived

PollyOR

My cat died this summer. Borders closed. This autumn I went on a diet and can no longer eat Dairy Queen Georgia Mud Fudge Blizzards. And now? There isn't any money for new homeschool purchases. I must be addicted to buying homeschool books, because I'm feeling pretty agitated at the moment even though we have plenty of books on our shelves.

Oh, right. It's February. ;)

:grouphug:

If you have an ereader, could you find some free (or real cheap) books for it? Maybe a temporary fix?

Or new notebooks? Sometimes that's enough for a while....

And we're approaching the halfway point for Feb... :)

Do you have any used/half-price books stores in your area? When I feel that way I always hit the clearance books and get my homeschool "fix." I'm always amazed at what I can score for $5. So far this month I found like new miquon books for $1 each and LLATL TMs for $2 each. Yesterday I picked up a Latina Christiana set for $15. :) I'm a curriculum addict too. My shelves are overflowing, and now I need to find another bookshelf on craigslist.

And we're approaching the halfway point for Feb... :)

Thank goodness!

Honestly, I think I have enough books here to supply 2-3 families. It has taken me by surprise to find out how much comfort buying books gives me. Now, what can I do that doesn't cost money or make me gain weight? :D

Learn to write bad poetry and "flash fiction". There is lots of online information to collect. Create some folders on your desktop and start collecting some free lessons.

Is interlibrary loan free for you? Buy a binder and start preparing a complicated procedure to keep a steady supply of interlibrary loans being delivered to you.

Instead of cooking maybe learn to make soap?

Learn to make complicated sugar free beverages. Chai tea can be made low calorie. Also jello desserts. Fancy salads and soups.You can still collect recipes, just different kinds.

Start a Waldorf style nature table and collect things from outside.

Start doing movie and dinner nights and decorate for the event with lots of paper crafts. You can collect ideas and clip art.