Menu

Need Reminders

I've been playing around with this neat service that sends you a reminder by email. It is especially great for local emails I get about possible events or workshops I might want to attend.

Over the years I’ve done some different things to put reminders or dates to those emails so if I was interested, I could respond before the deadline. None of those things were particularly wonderful and some failed to help me.

Recently I’ve discovered a free service which I’m experimenting with to see if it can help. The way it works is you forward what you want to be reminded about to them and put a time in front of the rest of the site’s email “@followupthen.com†and they send you the email back at the time you put on the email. So if I want to be reminded on a particular date I could put feb15@followupthen.com in the “to†line of an email I send or forward to them. Or you can say nextweek@followupthen.com or even set a repeat like everywed@followupthen.com

You get a bounce back email just after you sent it and then the full email you sent to them whenever you scheduled it to remind you.

If you would like to read more you can do that here: http://www.followupthen.com/how

The service is free for basic use. If you wanted to get on their website and look at your events, then they have a premium service available.