Menu

Anyone use IXL Math or Math Whizz

Hi,

I am curious if anyone uses this? Is it mainly for practicing areas of weakness, does it assess the child and let you know where the weaknesses are?

Trying to decide between it and Math Whizz.

I am wanting something to help improve areas of weakness while they actually are using a different math program, especially for a child who is behind in math.

• 2 weeks later...

Well...I got IXL and my kids love it! It is cool, they go through the topics, earn scores, then earn rewards, which is basically just clicking on square to see what is underneath. But..they love it. It also sends me weekly reports on Sundays telling about what the kids did...pretty cool!

Once a child is signed up they can work on any of the grade levels, any topics they want or need!

Kim

We have IXL (I purchased it through the homeschool buyers co-op) and my dd (almost 5) loves it! I am pretty happy with it so far. She really loves the awards she receives she works really hard because she wants to get the gold medals (you receive a gold medal when you master a concept). Math is not her favorite thing to learn but she has asked to do IXL a lot. I like that she doesn't have to do a complete "lesson", she can do what she wants and stop when she gets tired and then go back and finish it later. I really like that you can do different grade levels at the same time. I really feel like it has been money well spent!