Menu

Computer classes?

Slipper

Has anyone ever created a computer class format? I'd like to teach my kids computers with the end result being that they are competent at navigating technology and simple troubleshooting. I am not a computer person. My husband, however, is considered a genius in that area. (But don't ask him to talk and tie his shoes at the same time!). I asked him if he would teach the girls (and to some extent, he already does this - they hang out with him as he repairs things, etc. DD10 is quite good at picking up unfamiliar technology and figuring out how to operate it.)

He asked me if I would set out a format of what they should know as he can't put something like that together. (It's not part of him to create lesson plans, etc). I can put it together but without computer knowledge I'm at a loss.

Any suggestions on what others have used? I'm okay with something created or with a curriculum. The curriculum can be simple - just a guideline as he can teach them without problems.

I hope this made sense? (I want to start this summer by the way).