Menu

Something like Apologia that is less wordy, less conversational?

Annabel Lee

I like Apologia as part of elementary science, but it takes SO long to read a lesson. So much of it is wasted in chattiness, a style I know some people might adore, but both I and my kids would rather just get to the point.

Is there a science curriculum out there like Apologia (lots of detail & depth unlike Abeka, for ex.) for elementary grades that is less wordy? I like it but I don't like how long it takes to read it, because I like to add some WTM science activities & BFSU related topics. TIA!

Christian Kids Explore Science series. We used all 4 years and loved this series! I'm keeping them on our shelves with their notebooks. They are great reviews when they need a refresher. I liked Apologia but my children and I couldn't do wordiness either...

https://www.brightideaspress.com/store/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=6_54&zenid=92d16f919832462371cd71cb989a5fe1

We solved that problem by DS reading it himself (at his request). He could read it much faster than listening to me read it aloud and he is a visual learner so he actually got more out of it that way too.

:iagree:That's how we use them. I couldn't read it out loud. Just drove me nuts. He loves reading it himself though, and he gets a lot out of it.