Menu

Supplements for Environmental Allergies

I know this isn't supposed to be a medical forum, but I also know you ladies have some great experience and wisdom. :D

Yesterday I found out that I am now MUCH more allergic to dust than I was 10 years ago. :confused:

I've had 8 years of shots, employed typical dust elimination methods, and tried acupuncture and acupressure. I require more allergy meds now than I did a decade ago. The dust allergies are bad enough, but we've moved to a new area and the pollens are killing me.

I'll probably start immunotherapy again. This office may have me do the SLIT drops instead of shots.

I'm wondering about supplements. The internet abounds with information, usually from someone trying to sell something. :glare: Any advice?

D-Hist

I use this when my environmental allergies are bad. I can't say that it's changed my life or anything, but it hasn't caused any side effects. Right now everyone around me is miserable with cedar allergies and I'm not feeling bad.

I also use this homeopathic spray occasionally - it's obviously for where I live but they may have something like it for your area. Texas Allergy Relief

Hope you find a way to feel better!

Thanks, Tammy. I'll look into those. We live in the same area. That Mountain Cedar is brutal. :glare: I will definitely pass these links on to some friends who don't see doctors, but would like relief.

For myself, I was wondering about things like vitamins or fish oil, that wouldn't overlap other treatments.