Menu

Recurrent UTI - anyone BTDT?

I have had a UTI since the week before Christmas and it won't go away! I've been on 3 courses of antibiotics... CIPRO (which they later found out wasn't effective as the bacteria is resistant to CIPRO) and 2 courses of AMOX/CLAV.

I finished my latest Rx on Monday and woke up with symptoms early this morning. I'll call my urologist's office when it opens, but I am wondering if there is something more I should be doing.

I used to get these chronically, and have BTDT with cranberry, D-Mannose, probiotics, and lots of water.

I can't seem to kick this one.

I am pregnant and had had one at 5 weeks, did 7 days of meds, it came back, 3 days of meds that did nothing, and then a shot and 10 days of the first med. It was the most miserable month of my life! Macrobid and a rosepheron (sp?) Shot finally got it. I took macrobid the forat time, 7 days was just not long enough. The amox, did nothing but slow the symptoms, then the macrobid got it.

Did they actually culture the sample to see what they were fighting? There are lots of bacteria that are resistent to all the meds. You have to be on the right one amd for a ling enough time.

I hope you get this cleared up soon!! I understand the pain.:grouphug:

Did they actually culture the sample to see what they were fighting? There are lots of bacteria that are resistent to all the meds. You have to be on the right one amd for a ling enough time.

Since I have a history of these, my dr always sends my urine off to the lab to confirm that I am on the right med. This time, right around Christmas, someone in his office forgot to send it off. So when I was on CIPRO for 7 days and never got better they didn't know what to put me on. The second and third times they did send the sample to the lab and the AMOX/CLAV should be working. My dr. did mention a shot... I've never had to have that before, but perhaps that is what they'll try this time.

Thanks for your reply!