Menu

Microscope Bulb Replacement

I was looking at an LED-lit microscope online. I know LED bulbs are supposed to last a very long time but I contacted the vendor to see which replacement bulb to order to have on hand just in case. This is the reply I received:

"There is no replacement bulb for LED models. LEDs are designed to last several years or longer."

Well, yes, I understand that. (I wonder if this particular vendor considers the whole scope disposable when the LED lighting system goes.) I'd prefer to know that I can continue to use the scope I purchase for many, many years without having to track down weird parts.

But if or when an LED "bulb" does go out, what do you do?

"There is no replacement bulb for LED models. LEDs are designed to last several years or longer."

That would've been a problem for me... my 2 youngest kids are 8 years apart :)

Our microscope doesn't have an LED, but although we did receive a replacement bulb with it from Sonlight, we haven't needed it yet, some 8 years later, with occasional use every year in between. So maybe you'll be okay.

If not, a quick online google for "microscope LED bulb" and "Replacement LED Bulb" yielded many sites that seem to sell them, so it might not be a problem?

Julie

Edited by Julie in MN