Menu

Melissa B or anyone else, ? about CPO science

I'm buying CPO's Physical Science for next year and was wondering what "accessories" you recommend in addition to the student text. I'm interested in the complete teacher's package with the CD's. I've also been drooling over the lab equipment. But I'll have to stick to only a few pieces, if that many, and have dh build some others. What do you recommend?

I'm afraid I can't help much. I only have the student text, teacher's manual and investigations book for each level. I don't have any of the CDs or lab equipment. We do whatever labs we can do with what we already have. Their equipment does look great, but it is so expensive.

Doing only what we can do from home, there is more in the student and teacher's book than we could ever do in a single year. But we are still in Earth Science. I haven't read through the Physical Science book yet. I'm sure it is not as easy to pull things together as it is for Earth and Life science. Sorry I couldn't be more help!

I'm afraid I can't help much. I only have the student text, teacher's manual and investigations book for each level. I don't have any of the CDs or lab equipment. We do whatever labs we can do with what we already have. Their equipment does look great, but it is so expensive.

Doing only what we can do from home, there is more in the student and teacher's book than we could ever do in a single year. But we are still in Earth Science. I haven't read through the Physical Science book yet. I'm sure it is not as easy to pull things together as it is for Earth and Life science. Sorry I couldn't be more help!

How do you like the teacher's book? Does it give good suggestions for teaching the material as well as answers to the questions in the text? We used the Earth Science this year also, but I have enough of a background in geology that I only got the student book.

I really like their teacher's manuals. Each chapter begins with a quick intro of what the student will be learning. Usually an optional in-class fun exercise and suggestions for areas that are building on other concepts or may need additional detail. Then a list of three books at different levels that work well with the chapter for supplemental reading. Every Investigation is in the book with teacher notes on how to set it up and what should be happening and answers to any questions addressed to the children. There are teacher tips and extension activities throughout. And there are answers to all questions. If it is a question where "answers may vary" there is still a sample answer. I have found the teacher's manual to be very useful and the layout easy to read and navigate.