Menu

LiPS 3 day or 1 day training?

lcook

Hi All - Would you all recommend taking the LiPS 3 day training or 1 day training (both are coming close to my area). My plan is to start with LiPS (since my son failed the Susan Barton screening and it was also recommended by his SLP) and then move on to either Barton or another ortonG program. The only reason I ask is because of cost. The 3 day seminar would cost $500 more and I'm wondering if it is necessary?

This is for my 7 year old DS with APD, dyslexia, visual processing issues, memory problems and dyspraxia.

Thanks!

- Leslie

Hi All - Would you all recommend taking the LiPS 3 day training or 1 day training (both are coming close to my area). My plan is to start with LiPS (since my son failed the Susan Barton screening and it was also recommended by his SLP) and then move on to either Barton or another ortonG program. The only reason I ask is because of cost. The 3 day seminar would cost $500 more and I'm wondering if it is necessary?

This is for my 7 year old DS with APD, dyslexia, visual processing issues, memory problems and dyspraxia.

Thanks!

- Leslie

I just read the book, didn't do any training or have any videos.

The hardest part of the program, IMO, is the segmenting. If you are moving to Barton for level 1 it will cover the same material. You are only using a small part of LiPS overall as it can be used as a complete learning to read program. I think the 3 day would be way overkill, covering lot of material you won't use. I suspect the one day will as well. Personally I would just buy the complete package that comes with videos and see if that is good enough.

I even only have a 1st edition of LiPS, and it was good enough.

Heather