Menu

Caught Ya! Grammar with a Giggle reviews

Has anyone used this book, or others by Jane Bell Keister, as a grammar program? I'm thinking of adapting it for a supplemental fun grammar study for my dc.

I have the original Caught Ya! book, which is a teacher resource for the program. It does not have the complete stories included. Is there a copy of the fun stories anywhere, or am I to add to them on my own? I've looked online without success.

TIA,

Edited by bnbacademy

Yes, we've just started using this book about once or twice a week as a fun way to supplement grammar. My two boys (ages 11 & 14) enjoy the ongoing story (included in the book) and like spotting the errors. It's a quick and painless way to reinforce previous concepts and make grammar somewhat bearable. I don't use it to introduce new concepts, tho.

Yes, we've just started using this book about once or twice a week as a fun way to supplement grammar. My two boys (ages 11 & 14) enjoy the ongoing story (included in the book) and like spotting the errors. It's a quick and painless way to reinforce previous concepts and make grammar somewhat bearable. I don't use it to introduce new concepts, tho.

I feel like I am missing something... Do you continue on with the story examples and try to add onto the suggested story every day as you work on the Caught Ya sentence? Or do you just work on the Caught Ya sentence, copy the test and plan the spelling list reviews as desired?

This will be supplemental for us as well. I think it is a fun supplement, but I must need to read the intro more carefully to utilize this book. I was hoping to have the story continue for more than a single summary.

TIA,