Menu

So can you....

happycc

work on wws and wwe2 at the same time? and then go back to wwe3 and ww4? or use wws2 simultanously with wwe 3 and 4.

The reason why I ask is because my two 9yrs old had been in PS for several years so they have other skills that most purely classical homeschooled student haven't been exposed to yet.

They are missing the WWE 2 stuff that they didn;t get while in PS but they are ready for outlining and such. My es thinks the kids are not challenged enough with just the WWE2 stuff in terms of the writing aspect. The reading excerpts of the classical works and the remembering of the details and the narrations they still need some work on there.

Edited by happycc
PS history

My oldest is using WWE2 right now so I haven't actually used WWE3 yet, but from what I've read in the TM, there wouldn't be any reason to use both at the same time. The levels really build upon one another; it's not like there are parallel concepts that could be learned at the same time. You could have an older/keen student do the readings in WWE2 themselves, as is prescribed for WWE3, but a student who could do the summaries in WWE3 would have no need of the summary instruction in WWE2. Likewise, a student that really needed the instruction in summaries in WWE2 would flounder in WWE3.

Again, I haven't actually done WWE3 yet, but I have read the TM several times and that's the impression I have.

My oldest is using WWE2 right now so I haven't actually used WWE3 yet, but from what I've read in the TM, there wouldn't be any reason to use both at the same time. The levels really build upon one another; it's not like there are parallel concepts that could be learned at the same time. You could have an older/keen student do the readings in WWE2 themselves, as is prescribed for WWE3, but a student who could do the summaries in WWE3 would have no need of the summary instruction in WWE2. Likewise, a student that really needed the instruction in summaries in WWE2 would flounder in WWE3.

Again, I haven't actually done WWE3 yet, but I have read the TM several times and that's the impression I have.

:iagree:

And if you look at the WWS samples, if your child were able to do the work there, you wouldn't need to be doing WWE - they'd already have those skills.