Menu

Questions about multiple people using the same iPad. . .

I don't have good answers, but I will try to start a discussion...

Is there an app or way to create log ins so that with a push of a button emails and bookmarks aren't shared?
I don't think the iPad was designed as a multi-user device, given it's heritage from the iPhone and Apples desire for each of us to have one. But here is what I suggest:

For having access to different bookmarks, if you are talking about bookmarks in the browser, then I would suggest using different browsers. Then you can keep them separate.

If you are talking about iBooks, you can place multiple bookmarks in a book. To find them all, open the book and click the book to pull up the controls. Then tap the icon just to right of the "Library" icon twice to see all the pages with the bookmarks shown.

For email, could one person use the built-in email tool and others either use a different email tool or get email through a browser.

What do you do differently with your settings if you have a shared iPad?
I share with my children, so I restrictions enabled! :tongue_smilie: But perhaps that is not what you meant...