Menu

The right curriculum fit for a hard-to-fit kid

Staceyshoe

I'm celebrating today!:lol::lol::lol:

After 2 years of fumbling, we finally found the science curriculum that's a good fit for ds. We are both so excited that I'm seriously considering declaring this week as Science Week and doing nothing but science. Dare I? (We're just getting into a good routine with school this year, so I'm a little hesitant to have Science Week. The next week may be pure misery. ---- Or maybe it will re-spark his interest in education.)

So what curriculum fit?!?

Oh, I guess that would have been helpful! Sorry!:001_huh:

We just got our RS4K Chemistry II in the mail yesterday. It was even more than I was hoping for!! Ds is very advanced in science but can't handle single-spaced small font. For 2 years I've found a huge variety of things, and he maybe learned 2 sentences worth of info. (All his science learning thus far has been self-led, so I didn't realize how much he knew. Everything else I've tried has just been review for him--total waste of good play time.:D)

I'm so so impressed with this chemistry! (It seems light on experiments but we have a chem kit we'll do.) The content is super meaty, but there's lots of white space on the pages. Over dinner, I was skimming through and kept mentioning chemistry concepts that I saw. He kept saying, "Hey! I don't know that!" He's so used to knowing it all already. He can hardly wait! (And neither can I!)

YAY! My major homeschooling goal this year was for him to LEARN some science. After all, learning is the whole point, right?;)