Menu

Word Problems for first grade

Pookamama

Ok, so the two word problem books I know about are Singapore Challenging Word Problems and Kumon.

DS is just finishing up Singapore 1A and doing fantastic with it. So I wanted to add some Word Problems.

I'm leaning toward Kumon just for the cheap factor. But I thought I'd ask to see what else was out there that I should know about. And if anybody has used Kumon what grade level I should get to match up? From looking at the page previews it seems grade 2 would be a better match now for where he's at in Singapore.

Or is there something especially awesome about Singapore word problems that is worth spending more for?

Thanks!

Edited by Pookamama

We've been working through the Kumon 2nd grade book here. It's our daily habit to do two word problems a day with our math lesson. I have my ds answer in complete sentences as well. We haven't had much practice with word problems and this book is actually too easy for him sometime. I haven't seen Singapore's book.