Menu

debt free=bad credit ;-)

I can tell you why it's dangerous for us. DH would lose his job, and it would limit his prospects in his field. Everything in this country is starting to revolve around credit. I can't even download FREE BOOKS onto my dd's NOOK without a credit card attached to the account (don't get me started on that one). We've been Dave Ramsey fans for many years, but we don't think all aspects of being debt free are entire realistic for the entire population.

Blessings!

Dorinda

This! Dh has security clearances and bad credit report = loss of security clearance. That's the rule. They don't care why, you just don't get to let it happen.

I talked to dh about what was going to happen when we are debt free and he said we would be keeping a credit car and maintaining a $50-100.00 balance from month to month and making the minimum payment on that because the interest is very little money and that is an investment in keeping our credit score high enough for him to be employed in his field at his current level. So, it will stink to pay a little bit of interest each month when we don't need to do it, but it will be necessary.

He also said that even though we will have enough saved to pay cash for our next vehicle, he'll still take out a small loan on it since our bank gives us good interest rates and then make a few payments before paying off the balance. He feels that this will help keep the credit score reasonable as well.

Faith