Menu

BJU or Abeka Lit for Highschool...

Guest kacifl

Guest kacifl

I do have homesat dvds for BJU Lit. and books for BJU and Abeka. I just can't decide which might be the better course to take.

We were very happy with these two courses and found them to be a good introduction to literary analysis. I did not have the homesat option, rather just the books and teacher's materials, but we were very happy with the courses. I had planned to use them for Am. Lit too, but we had the opportunity to take it at our homeschool academy as a group course instead.

We don't have the DVDs or homesat but we used the 10th grade World Literature books and teacher materials from Abeka this past school year. In a perfect world, I'd have him read all of these books in their entirety. (So many, many good books, so little, little time.....SIGH.)

This course fit the bill WELL as a thorough overview of classical literature. It included literary analysis and instruction about authors and time periods. It complimented our study of World History beautifully. He is now familiar with the literature and famous authors over the centuries and he did it all in one year.

I needed something that could cover this in one year. I just did not have any more time than that to devote to the subject and still work in all the other subjects he needs.

I have not seen BJU's world literature course. In making my own decision between the BJU and the Abeka course last summer, I opted for the ABeka, based on reviews that I read about both. Also, I think ABeka's course is a bit more compact than BJU's, which, again, is a feature I was looking for.

Gail