Menu

Tell me everything you know about Soy Lecithin Granules.....

my dh has high cholesterol and the drugs haven't worked too well, eating healthy and exercise haven't reduced it like we would like. Now a friend has mentioned that he takes Soy Lecithin and it reduced his cholesterol number by 100 points.

Tell me what you know!

Thanks!!

Edited by ChocolatePrincess

I used to take Soy Lecithin Granules for years and years. My parents also. I strongly believe that it helps in reducing cholesterol, based on all that I have read. Mind you, I never had a problem with cholesterol, but my numbers did go down. My mom, however, did have a cholesterol problem. Hers went down mainly as a result of soy lecithin and reducing sugar. Sugar is a big problem when it comes to cholesterol. We both stopped taking soy lecithin once we realized that soy products can greatly raise the risk of bre@st cancer. There are many other supplements and dietary changes, etc. that can probably reduce cholesterol just as effectively and more safely than soy. If I were to take it, I would only recommend non-GMO and a very good organic-type brand. Many believe that cholesterol in and of itself is not the end-all and be-all of cardiovascular health. I agree. Cholesterol is often overrated. This has been talked about a lot here and you can probably google something like "myths of high cholesterol" or whatever.