Menu

Confused about all the different language programs!

Can anyone tell me which language program they are using and love it. My son wants to learn French. I have looked at many of the old posts but didn't really find a program that "had it all". I would like a student book, a dvd or cd, and a teachers edition...unless there was something else someone used and was excited about it.

Thanks

Ranee

Can anyone tell me which language program they are using and love it. My son wants to learn French. I have looked at many of the old posts but didn't really find a program that "had it all". I would like a student book, a dvd or cd, and a teachers edition...unless there was something else someone used and was excited about it.

Thanks

Ranee

I can tell you what we are using, but it isn't a "have it all" program:

Breaking the French Barrier

Carnegie Mellon's Open Learning Initiative

Reading books: Easy French Reader, Tintin au Congo, Le Petit Nicolas

I'm happy to email you my syllabus/lesson plans that incorporate all of the above, if you like.

But, the BEST thing I've done for my dd's French is to have her Skype with a French tutor twice a week. He doesn't give her assignments - they just talk. Her tutor is a wonderful man who lives in France. Actually, we just returned home from France yesterday, and while there, her tutor invited us to his house for lunch so we could all meet. Although my dd has only Skyped with him for 6 months, she was complimented all throughout France on her speech and accent. It's also helped tremendously with her listening comprehension. I highly recommend a speaking tutor!

Thanks

Ranee

Have a look at Galore Park materials - the So You Really Want to Learn.....books.