Menu

Has anyone ordered from Lamp Post Homeschool Store?

I'm about to place an order and wanted to make sure they were legit.

Otherwise, where have people ordered spenserian penmanship?

Thanks!

Ellen

In PA? I have several times. I was very happy with their service. I had a mistake (my mistake)and they corrected it with no problems. I would highly recommend them!

I placed an order on Tues, May 27th for a Jacobs' Geometry bundle. I did receive a 'thank you for your order' email, but I never got a shipping confirmation email. I just checked, and the hold placed on my bank acct. has expired, and never went through.

I canceled my order just now. I just don't do business that way. An order placed on a Tuesday should go out that week. Their website says, "Most orders go out within 2-5 business days", but that would be 5, if they waited until Monday (it was placed early Tuesday). I know that's nitpicky of me, but I just won't order from a company that is slow in their order processing and shipping, for whatever reason.

Too bad CBD doesn't carry it. I am leery of ordering from RR, as I've read post after post on here of slow shipping times, bent books, etc. I might have to try them, though, if I can't find it used. I've never had a problem when ordering books used (so far, knock wood). Most people are very conscientious about shipping things out immediately.

I don't know anything about Lampost. But I have ordered from

Homeschoolingbooks.com and I have been very happy. Their prices are about the same as Rainbow Resource, but at least when I have ordered from them they have been very quick. I ordered my dd Apologia Marine Biology Friday and it was shipped out the same day. I chose standard shipping which was UPS and I'm supposed to get on on June 3rd. I noticed that they do have spencerian penmanship. Hope that helps.

Veronica