Menu

Pellet Stoves

Hwin

Totally unexpected, we have to buy one to replace our old one, probably from Lowe's or Sears. Not happy about having to use credit, but we don't have the money to simply buy a new one with cash. Our other choice is to spend an estimated $4000 in oil heat this winter, so spending the money on the stove, even financed, seems like the better option.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I am not an impulse buyer, but we will need to make a decision ASAP.

We have everything ready for the hookup, it's a question of knowing whether we should stay away from a particular brand, etc.

Sorry to hear about your troubles!

We have a Harmon, which is a decent stove. Unfortunately they are not cheap.

We've really reduced our use of the pellet stove as the price of pellets has nearly doubled since we bought it 13 years ago and we now have a very efficient heat pump. (And electricity is *much* lighter than wood pellets! ;)

Good luck with whatever you choose!

• 1 month later...
What did you end up buying?

We ended up with a Summers Heat/New Englander (same brand, as I understand).

Haven't had to use it much since it's been really warm this fall, but it seems better than the stove it replaced, which I believe was a very old Harmon. Lights itself, holds several bags of pellets, not terribly noisy. Supposedly it will run on cherry pits and corn kernels as well. :001_huh: