Menu

Who else is ready for summer vacation?

I say bring on summer, ds and I are ready for summer vacation. Today I gave him a list of what needs to be finished before he can start his summer vacation. I am sure I will see unpresidented speed in his ability to work. LOL I also expect quality in the work and he knows that. By my calculation it should take him about 5 days to finish everything. He has already finished math, foreign language, critical thinking and music.

My summer plans include walking more so I can drop about 10 pounds I gained over the winter.

Planning and preparing for the next school year.

Just hanging out with my ds and dh. Ds and I have a silly summer tradition where we break out the old Super Nintendo and try to finally beat Mario every summer. We are making progess but have not beaten it yet. This summer is the year I can feel it.:lol:

Finishing my 888 reading list

Tending our garden which is looking wonderful

playing the flute again after not playing for about 10 years. Dh is buying me a flute for my birthday.

Isn't summer grand. Today we have a few windows open and I can smell the honeysuckle. It is lovely.

Have a grand day everyone.

Here's to summer:party:

Guest Virginia Dawn

Here's to summer:party:

:iagree:

I've got a short-timer's attitude right now.

ds9yo is finished with his work. ds 14yo has a couple of weeks worth of work left, I'm hoping he gets a bug in his ear and speeds through it faster.

The outdoors calls. I've got a swing set to paint, a garden to tend, we're taking a camping vacation mid-June, I'm going to purge and clean the whole house, finish craft projects that I've put off, and make up a family summer reading program. I think I may take a board break too.

YES! We are finishing up tomorrow. Really today, as tomorrow we'll just browse through our notebooks and such. We've been tapering off for the last two weeks.

I'll be reorganizing the school area as soon as we're done. I'm getting rid of the cabinet we use and replacing with some Billy Bookcases. I also have a few other home improvement projects to get done - all small and nagging, nothing major.

Lots of swimming!

We'll be going to the Smoky Mountains for 3 1/2 weeks in the later part of the summer to escape the Texas heat. It will be nice to be forced to get everything done before we go and then be forced to relax while we're there.

I also plan on restarting a good exercise and diet regimen around here. We've slipped pretty badly and I've got some baby weight to lose before Romy's first birthday. Because if you don't lose it before the 1st birthday, you don't get to call it baby weight anymore - it's just fat! :tongue_smilie: