Menu

Oak Meadow

freeindeed

I'm looking into this for my youngest child, who is visually impaired and has developmental delays. It seems like this approach would be good for her. If you use or have used this curriculum, what do you think of it in general? Also, what do you think of using it in my specific situation? Thanks.

I've used Oak Meadow for 4th grade and 5th grade, and I'm currently doing it for 6th grade with my daughter and Kindergarten for my son. I very much like it but don't really feel "qualified" to determine whether it would be good for a child with disabilities, especially knowing nothing, really, about that child...I would suggest calling Oak Meadow as they have great customer service and seeing what they think?

If you want to just see more about what it's like in general, I do have quite a bit about it on my blog.

If you click on the link to my blog in my signature line, it brings you to my most recent entries (day to day of our homeschool). But if you look on the sidebar to the left of my blog, you'll see various links. There will be a review of Oak Meadow under the Reviews section, and under the "Schedule Samples" section you can see what a given week was like using OMK, OM4, and OM5, including some pics.

Hope this helps!

I'm looking into this for my youngest child, who is visually impaired and has developmental delays. It seems like this approach would be good for her. If you use or have used this curriculum, what do you think of it in general? Also, what do you think of using it in my specific situation? Thanks.

Oak Meadow's PreK is more of a rhythm-to-your-day type of curricula than an actual plan. If you know that going in and want to establish a comfortable routine to for your young child, it is a lovely program. If you are looking for a daily structure of what exactly to do, you will be disappointed. Hope that helps. :D

Oak Meadow's PreK is more of a rhythm-to-your-day type of curricula than an actual plan. If you know that going in and want to establish a comfortable routine to for your young child, it is a lovely program. If you are looking for a daily structure of what exactly to do, you will be disappointed. Hope that helps. :D

Thank you, that does help. It sounds like what I'm looking for, as I'm going to be pretty relaxed with her schooling, especially at this age & considering her needs.

Thank you, that does help. It sounds like what I'm looking for, as I'm going to be pretty relaxed with her schooling, especially at this age & considering her needs.

Oak Meadow is very gentle and sweet. My second grader does the K projects with us and has such fond memories of when she, herself, did K two years ago. I really think you will enjoy it, just take your time. Even starting OM K, as gentle as it is on the surface, requires a pretty big attention span. My daughter turned 5 in July and I think she's barely ready. Take your cues from your daughter on when to start K, maybe even waiting until she's well into her sixth year.

Enjoy. :D