Menu

Seeing Stars Questions

I am thinking of doing a little with the Seeing Stars program to help my ds 6 with sight words, which he struggles with.

For those of you familiar with the program, is this a good use of the program and can I do it with just the manual? I also looked at the star words CD's since he loves playing video games but haven't heard anyone discuss these in great detail. Any one use them and like them?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated! Thanks! :001_smile:

I am thinking of doing a little with the Seeing Stars program to help my ds 6 with sight words, which he struggles with.

For those of you familiar with the program, is this a good use of the program and can I do it with just the manual? I also looked at the star words CD's since he loves playing video games but haven't heard anyone discuss these in great detail. Any one use them and like them?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated! Thanks! :001_smile:

I've used portions of the program to supplement other things we do. It's a good program. I did it with the manual, the wordlist and some of the workbooks and their cards. We have never used their cd's.

My son and I both really liked the "Catch a Star" workbooks. I used just the word lists and the manual to work on spelling common words with some of my other dc who don't have all the struggles that ds does.

Seeing Stars works on both reading and spelling. Making common words automatic helped his reading. He didn't have to sound out every single word, including words that don't follow regular phonics rules. We still use the Seeing Stars list of words for spelling.