Menu

Anybody with Phonics Pathways 10th Edition

momofabcd

I was blessed by Dolores with a copy of the 10th edition Phonics Pathways & the new Boosters to review. I have not started it with dd yet but I would be happy to scan & email a few pages to you.

I had asked her about the differences several months ago because we had a 9th edition at the time & this was her reply:

The Phonics Pathways you have should be more than sufficient -- that's the one that has been my flagship model for years.

The new one has pictures illustrating every sound introduced, not just the short-vowel sounds. Primarily of interest to ELL students. It also has an expanded section on dividing multisyllable words which is nice but not at all necessary. It has added pages of nonsense words, rather than just the one page, but that is something you can easily make up yourself. And it has a Short Sheet of Vowels, which currently is a free download on my website as a manual showing how to use the two books together (PP and Reading Pathways).

Cindy