Menu

How many book shelves are in your school area?

How many bookshelves do you have for school books  

1. 1. How many bookshelves do you have for school books

There is NO such thing!! That is what I keep trying to tell dh! He keeps saying soon there are going to be so many bookcases in our house there will not be room for him :lol: :001_huh:

In our case, the vast majority of those 3500 books belong to my husband, so he can't complain much.:D

Guest HollyGarza

We have 3 "bookshelves" total in our apartment but they are for all books not just 'homeschooling'. We have Non Fiction, world and religious books, Islamic books, self help books, poetry, fiction Steven King, John Grisham etc, etc., workbooks, world books, children books, how to books, "for dummies" series books and nursery rhymes.

Good to hear I'm not alone! My house is really small, without hallways, so there aren't many walls to put them against. If I could fit more in, I would. I wish we could take off the drywall for most of the upper parts of the walls in the living room and put in built-in bookshelves instead. :D It's not exactly my dh's taste in decor, though.

One is a short, wide bookshelf that hugs up against the back of a loveseat which isn't against a wall (did I mention the floor-plan is too open?). Another is tall, but only about 2.5 ft. wide. There are 3 tall 5-shelf bookcases of curriculum, notebooks, manipulatives, general school supplies, etc. for school use plus a thing that our maps hang on (it rolls out of the way) in my eat-in kitchen/dining area. The space has room for the table and then another 50 sq. ft on one side that we use for the "school". Also, art supplies are in the bottom of the china hutch - I didn't count that.

I hadn't thought to use kitchen cabinets - that's a good idea. When I get around to it, I want to clear out bedding from the linen closet and store it in the top shelves of the bedroom closets, making room for clear tubs of off-year books & curricula. A lot of it is what I'm saving from older ds for younger ds. Or the 5+ writing programs I tried because simply following TWTM and SWB's Plan for Teaching Writing seemed too daunting at the time...

We have 6 that have books on them but we have more for our Montessori materials. 2 in the living room, 2 in the classroom, 1 in the playroom and 1 in the girls' room. We just bought an 8ft bookshelf for the classroom last weekend--to hold our curriculum and supplements! I can't believe how much space those things take up!