Menu

Which history encyclopedias to cover grammar, logic, and rhetoric stages? Overkill?

I am buying levels of history encyclopedias to cover grammar and logic stages. (It would be a plus if at least one of the logic books could be used for intro-rhetoric stage.)

• I own the Usborn Internet Linked History of the World. This will be used for 3rd grade grammar stage.
  • For logic stage, I've ordered the white Kingfisher. This will be used for a 6th grade logic student.
  • For 8th grade, I've purchased National Geographic Almanac of World History.

Now, is that enough?

I have a DK History of the World and a DK Definitive Visual Guide in a cart at Amazon at used prices. If I got these, my plan would be for my kids to use them to look up additional information for important/interesting topics of interest for further research per WTM history methods. I am hoping this would keep me from having to make weekly trips to the library. I am also hoping this would save money in the long run instead of buying a lot of individual, topical books.

5 history encyclopedias??? They span grammar through rhetoric stages(I think)..... Is this overkill?