Menu

Were any of you the breadwinner when you realized you wanted to hs?

Hi, everyone.

I am the main breadwinner in my family right now. My husband is wonderful, intelligent and very hardworking, so that may change in the future, but English is is second language and he just doesn't have a knack for languages. He finds it extremely difficult, although he tries, which limits him here in the U.S. He does work full time but does not make enough to support our family. However, his dream really involves his career, which I respect, so having him stay home to educate my daughter is not an option.

The one benefit that I do have is that I work from home. However, my work is often quite demanding. I work full time, which can mean 60-80 hour weeks. When I am working, I find it hard to care for dd or give her the attention she needs, so she spends a few hours every day at daycare so that I can get work done.

Were any of you in similar situations when you realized you wanted a change? Any tips? Are any of you working full-time from home? How do you do it?