Menu

HST+ questions

Moxie

I'm learning more and more every day! I do have a few questions for you HST+ experts.

~How do you set up group work? Do you create a seperate student or do you assign it to each actual student?

~Does anyone include chores? I'm planning on using HST to give each child a checklist of what has to be done durning the week. It might be handy to include chores.

~How do I put something on the weekly checklist every week without me physically doing it? My kids do a certain number of sit-ups and push-ups everyday. I want that on the weekly checklist so they can check it off but I'm not sure how to do it besides putting it in a lesson plan and assinging it every week. Does that make sense?

~I'm putting everything in Lesson Plans to be added to the schedule later. What about things that are date specific? Like a Father's Day craft I want to do for art? How do I include that at the correct time?

I'm sure I'll have more questions as the day goes on. Thanks!

Edited by Moxie

~How do you set up group work? Do you create a seperate student or do you assign it to each actual student?

For this, when you create the lesson plan, you can create it just one time, then, when you click to submit it, you can assign it to each child. Maybe the easiest way for the kids to recognize it is to have a note that says group work (or let them know which activities are to be done as a group?)

~Does anyone include chores? I'm planning on using HST to give each child a checklist of what has to be done durning the week. It might be handy to include chores.

I don't yet, but have thought about it. I am not really sure how I would set it up in HST though...maybe just as a journal note?

~How do I put something on the weekly checklist every week without me physically doing it? My kids do a certain number of sit-ups and push-ups everyday. I want that on the weekly checklist so they can check it off but I'm not sure how to do it besides putting it in a lesson plan and assinging it every week. Does that make sense?

That's the only way I know of that would work...hopefully someone else knows an easier way?

~I'm putting everything in Lesson Plans to be added to the schedule later. What about things that are date specific? Like a Father's Day craft I want to do for art? How do I include that at the correct time?

For single-day things, it might be easier to just go to the student tab and add in the activity for that specific day instead of creating it like a lesson plan. In other words, Student>Assignments>Add> and then add in the specific information for that lesson on the day you want it. If you want it for all students, you would click the drop down menu, select all students and then click the Add button, otherwise, just select the student you want to assign the lesson to.

Thanks!

Okay, just so I'm totally clear. Right now, I need to set up all of our subjects in a lesson plan. Once a week (or whatever), I go into each lesson plan and submit a certain number of items. I have to do this for each child, each subject. Then I can print out an assignment report for each child for the week. Am I missing anything?