Menu

Destin, Florida.....besides the beach, what is a must-see or must-do or must-eat?!

Destin doesn't need much else. The beach is simply gorgeous. :001_smile:

It has been a long time, so I can't help with good eats. There is a lot of golf- or at least there was when I was in college a few, okay more than a few, years ago.

I just wanted to tell you that the coastline of Destin is beautiful. Have a wonderful time.

Jo

We've rented a house, but I'm not sure what part of the town. Anybody able to give me a little local knowledge? TIA!

The kids *loved* that. They got to watch dolphins swim alongside the boat, see crabs swimming, all kinds of fish. It was pretty fun, for us land-lubbers. ;)

Have a fantastic, wonderful time! It really is an amazingly beautiful, fun place.

Dy

We go to a beach west of Panama City most summers. We usually take a day and go to Seaside. You can rent bikes there if you don't plan on taking any. There is also a GREAT restaurant called Boondocks. It is off hwy79, I think, a little out of the way. We had stopped at a local fruit stand and asked for recommendations and they sent us there. It has really grown since the first year we ate there, so now they is usually a wait unless you go early. Really good fried crab claws (done the Gulf Coast way) and gumbo and fried dill pickles. Enjoy the beach.