Menu

Bible for Kindle e-book

I keep wanting to type app!

Anyway, I'd like a Bible e-book on my Kindle but I want it to be searchable. You know I want a box to type in Ps 7:3 and it goes to Psalm 7:3. (Now before you wonder what it says, I really don't know. I just made it up as an example!) I can do this on my Bible app on my iPhone. Well, I could. We now have droids and I haven't added a Bible app yet. But that's not the point, I want one for my Kindle. I'd love it to be NIV but really any version is acceptable, I just really really want it to be searchable.

I figured there have been enough discussions about Kindles on here and there are many Christians on here, there have to be several Christian Kindle users with a Bible on their kindle. :-) If you can either recommend one or recommend against one... From people I "know" not from anonymous people who leave ratings on Amazon. :-)

Thanks!

The ESV is available in a free Kindle edition. It's got a linked table of contents, and is searchable. IMO, they did an excellent job formatting it for the Kindle.

I have that one, but I didn't think it was searchable. Maybe the recent update they sent me made it that way? I haven't tried it since the update. That would be awesome if it works!