Menu

History for 9th grader

I could use some help. I started homeschooling my upcoming 9th grader in 6th grade. I started her and my 3nd grader with SOTW book 1. We finished book 3 this year which means we are entering modern history, book 4 this year. I don't like it because I feel that the moderns should come later but I wanted to start in the beginning so here we are now. Has anyone done modern history in the 9th grade? This would also mean I will start over with the ancients again in 10th and not quite get to modern again since 12th grade would be the third time era. I think I could condense 2 of the years to get to modern again in 12th grade? Any feed back? Plus I don't really know how to do history for a highschooler. I know it has something to do with great books and following the general timeline of SOTW book4 .. Any suugestions? I hate to put this modern era off and just start over with the ancients. I'm a little lost. Thanks for any feedback. Siobhan