Menu

How long per day for LLfLOTR?

Also I'm assuming the reading is scheduled out as far as how many pages per day or "read to such and such page today" type of schedule.?

Is this a one year program including all the extras. This is for an 8th grader who reads above grade level and is self motivated and extrememly effecient in getting her work done.

TIA!

Ds12 used it this year in 6th grade. He's not terribly self-motivated. We got through the first two books. We'll pick it up again in the fall and do the last book (Return of the King) as his 1st semester reading program (we do separate grammar and writing).

I did not have ds do very many writing assignments (LLfLOTR is a high school curriculum) because he's just not ready for that. We did a lot of oral discussion of the writing prompts.

He has LOVED it! He's excited to finish it up next year (but just as excited to take a summer break!)

I think a self-motivated 8th grader could easily do it in one year. My son averaged anywhere from 30-45min a day depending on whether it was a reading day, worksheet day or test day. Unit studies took longer because he did them with me and big sis (who did NOT want to do LOTR so she did LL7 but I made her join us for the Unit Studies - they are that good).

HTH:D