Menu

Question for Biology 101 DVD users

I have a question for those of you that used the Biology 101 DVD's along with the books listed in post 33 of this thread http://www.welltrainedmind.com/forums/showthread.php?t=157884&highlight=non+rigorous+biology

How did you schedule the books (Body By Design, Exploring the history of Medicine, Genesis of Germs, & Exploring the World of Biology)? Or did you just read through them? I'm trying to get everything pulled together for my dd's to begin this program later this summer.

Thanks so much,

Did I never answer this for you, Katie? Sorry!

What I did was to look at the contents of each book and compare them to the lesson plans for Bio 101. Then I penciled in (well, actually I used a pen ;)), on the Lesson Plans, corresponding chapters to read to go along with the assignments in the Lesson Plans. We also didn't do some of their plans, so she read the books instead, and did the on-line virtual labs.

Did I never answer this for you, Katie? Sorry!

What I did was to look at the contents of each book and compare them to the lesson plans for Bio 101. Then I penciled in (well, actually I used a pen ;)), on the Lesson Plans, corresponding chapters to read to go along with the assignments in the Lesson Plans. We also didn't do some of their plans, so she read the books instead, and did the on-line virtual labs.

I don't know, you may have already anwered this for me, but I seem to have a short term memory lately (bouncing around between 5 grades/kids and having a 1yo to throw his chaos into the mix, I'm not sure which way is up most days) and since I don't have any link's or messages saved, I had to ask again...:D. I just wanted to be sure that I knew how it all worked together (and that I wasn't missing some sort of recommendation list or something on disc 4) before I put in my Amazon order for these books. Thanks so much, Brindee.

I don't know, you may have already anwered this for me, but I seem to have a short term memory lately (bouncing around between 5 grades/kids and having a 1yo to throw his chaos into the mix, I'm not sure which way is up most days) and since I don't have any link's or messages saved, I had to ask again...:D. I just wanted to be sure that I knew how it all worked together (and that I wasn't missing some sort of recommendation list or something on disc 4) before I put in my Amazon order for these books. Thanks so much, Brindee.
Yeah but besides all the kids and grades and 1 yo, what's the problem with remembering? :001_huh:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Yikes, I think it's great remembering as much as you do, AND organizing it all! :001_smile: