Menu

What say ye about The Lost Regiment series

So, what does the Hive have to say about The Lost Regiment series?

My ds, 12, wants to read some science fiction. This series was recommended by an individual I don't really know and I could safely say is not coming from the same place as our family is... so not sure if this would be a good series for our family.

I would call myself pretty conservative about what I let my kids read... I don't like twaddle, I will not allow anything that has witchcraft or demons and such. The list could probably go on...

Basically, I guess we're pretty conservative Christians. My boys LOVE The Lord of the Rings... we watch Star Wars and I guess I'm okay with that... they have not seen the 3rd one though.

Is anybody familiar with this series by William R. Forstchen? Would you allow your kids to read the series, would there be questionable material? If you are a conservative Christian would you have a problem with these books?

And lastly, we've not done science fiction... I'm a little concerned where it might take us and so have stayed away from it. Anybody have suggestions for our family?

TIA