Menu

I need open and go US Geography suggestions...

jenn-

10 Days in the USA! Okay, so it's a game, not a geography curricula as such, but it certainly makes learning about geography fun!

We own the 10 Days in Africa game, which I think was the first game in this series, and it is the best way I've ever found for me to learn geography. I'm kind of geography learning disabled, though. I guess spatial relations and me don't get along too well, as anyone who has ever seen me walk across a room would probably be able to tell you.

Try this: http://www.geomatters.com/product/cantering-the-country

We also have a book about the 50 states, 50-state puzzles, I believe there are some state flashcards online...http://www.50states.com/flash/

And, I'm sure you could find a map of the US... and then a black-line master to practice filling in... along with the States and Capitals song:D

Thank you for all the suggestions so far. We have several map puzzles of the US, but my 7 yo does them faster and more often than my DD.

How about Daily Georgraphy?

http://www.amazon.com/Daily-Geography-Practice-Grade-6/dp/1557999759/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1306624409&sr=8-1

We have been using it for 2 years. Short and sweet :0)

Julia

We have used several products by Evan Moor in the past and unfortunately she retains little to no information with their methods. Thank you for the suggestion though.

This looks very promising. The site doesn't have much information about the different parts. Do you/have you actually used this program? Is there anything to the teacher's manual beyond the answers? Is the student guide kind of the "textbook" and Don't Know Much About the 50 States the workbook to it? And I guess I should have mentioned that it needs to be fairly secular.

This looks very promising. The site doesn't have much information about the different parts. Do you/have you actually used this program? Is there anything to the teacher's manual beyond the answers? Is the student guide kind of the "textbook" and Don't Know Much About the 50 States the workbook to it? And I guess I should have mentioned that it needs to be fairly secular.

I haven't used it--just tempted by it. The Student Guide is the workbook, and the student would look up the information in the Don't Know book. From the samples, it looks to be fairly secular.