Menu

To those who suggested Lingua Latina...

THANK YOU!:001_smile:

This is exactly what I wanted. DS at first was a little freaked. He kept saying how can he do this if everything was in latin, so I told him to just try the first page. He did and then was excited he was able to read the first page with no problems. He is going to read the book, work the exercises, keep a notebook of vocabulary and grammar as well as rewrite the book in english. Along with this I have Learning Latin through Mythology he is going to work on because he is into mythology right now

I did get the college companion to go with it and am glad I did. I am even going to go through the book so we will be doing this along side each other.

I read somewhere (maybe on the Lingua Latina site) that for high school this is a 2 credit course, is this correct?

Double checking before I hit *Submit New Thread* because the first time I did this I was in the Afterschooling board.

I read somewhere (maybe on the Lingua Latina site) that for high school this is a 2 credit course, is this correct?

Yes - that is, it's most often done over the course of two years in high school, rather than the faster college pace (I think one year/ two semesters). I know of middle schools that do 10 chapters for each of two years and then finish off the last half in the 9th grade as "Latin 2".