Menu

Taxonomy Classification Tree of Life

Does anyone know of examples of a tree of life wall chart? I'm doing a study that looks in depth at each class and a selection of orders, families, and species in the animal kingdom. All the ones I have seen are very basic. I would love to do a wall chart with pictures, but need some ideas. I plan to have pictures for each species we look at and would like to post each picture on the wall in the correct place in the chart. I've thought about doing a pedigree style chart in a notebook with pictures added, but I think a wall display will suit my visual learner much better. Any ideas?

:bigear:

No ideas from me. I have to make one of insects and wanted it on the wall, as well. I was thinking blue painters tape and string...unless someone else has an awesome suggestion.

Hmm... you gave me an idea. Maybe separating everything with yarn (index cards/tagboard with hole punched) and not actually attaching everything to the wall would work. This can give us the adaptability to spread out a certain phylum while we are learning about it and making it smaller when we move on to a different phylum. Blue tape won't work on my wall :(