Menu

Houghton Mifflin Science Grade 1 question

mhg

I was wondering if you would get any posts! I did a search when I started looking at Houghton Mifflin science, after seeing it in the Rainbow Resource website for the fist time, and did not find any users on here. Although I did not search too far back. I just read whatever info I could find about it, the info in the Rainbow Resource website, and I also checked out the preview pages in the Rainbow website. The preview pages are just from the table of contents really and one sample page but I have decided to give it a try since nothing else seems to have what I am looking for right now. It is a little pricey though so I would say if money is not an issue you could get the grade 1 package and save it if it is too much for K, or just wait another year ;).

ETA: In our case I am hoping it will help me meet some of our local requirements without having to add my own units to do that and I am also looking at using Apologia elementary during the summer months. Hope these two work out for us! I am tired of trying to find the right science program.

Edited by Guest

Hmmm... I was just looking at the table of contents between the grade two and three HM packages and comparing them to our local requirements. It looks like what the grade 2 HM package covers is what we covered this year, while the grade 3 package pretty much covers all my local requirements for grade 2 and then some. I just need to add in a few local elements and I should be set :D. So it looks like I will be going a level higher anyway ;).

Edited by Guest

Thanks canucks!

I thought I didn't get any takers on this thread. I went ahead and ordered it. From what I've read -- reviews and such ---- it's exactly what I'm looking for and when i saw that they worked hard to make sure it met state/national standards, then I was even more pleased. I know it was a bit more expensive, but science is my son's favorite subject, so I'm springing for it. Thanks for looking it up and for the info on the table of content comparisons. I think I'll go ahead and get it and if too advanced save it for 2012 when he's in 1st grade. (

(Edit: just realized I should have PM'd this......looks like a self-bump......oooops).

Thanks canucks!

I thought I didn't get any takers on this thread. I went ahead and ordered it. From what I've read -- reviews and such ---- it's exactly what I'm looking for and when i saw that they worked hard to make sure it met state/national standards, then I was even more pleased. I know it was a bit more expensive, but science is my son's favorite subject, so I'm springing for it. Thanks for looking it up and for the info on the table of content comparisons. I think I'll go ahead and get it and if too advanced save it for 2012 when he's in 1st grade. (

(Edit: just realized I should have PM'd this......looks like a self-bump......oooops).

I do not think you broke any kind of forum rule. If you did then many of us are guilty of that ;).

I live in Canada and at least for this coming school year it will help me meet local requirements without my having to add much :). I wish there were more samples but from the little that I saw I am still pleased. My kiddo is a science kid also so I did not have to think much after I research it also. We will most likely be getting ours in October so if you don't mind sharing how you like it I would love to hear. Feel free to PM me if you prefer doing that.

Hoping your little one enjoys it :)!