Menu

Character training/bible

Although we won't be starting *school* until the fall(we need the break after ps this year) I really would like to do some character training and Bible with the boys this summer. We had such a big transistion this year with entering ps K and moving that church has fallen behind. We just found a church we like and now I would love to have something to do this summer with the boys. My one son has developed some *bad* habits and has alot of questions. I would love some guidance with a book or a study.

Do you recommend anything?

I've got a copy of a book titled, A Child's Book of Character Building, Book I: Growing Up in God's World - At Home, at School, at Play by Ron and Rebekah Coriell. I tried using it with my dd1 last summer - she was turning 4 then - and I think she was a bit young for it. Anyway, it goes through 12 character traits (Attentive, Faith, Creative, Diligence, Patience, Contentment, Obedience, etc.). For each trait, it gives an easy to memorize definition, a verse from the KJV Bible, and four one-page stories with a picture (that could be colored, I suppose) for each. You'll have "Attentive in the Bible," "Attentive at Home," "Attentive at School," and "Attentive at Play," etc.

I don't know if that's what you're looking for, but it's at least an idea!

HTH,

Mama Anna

You might want to look at this. I just found one by accident, used, and I am in love! It will help me walk my young children through essential doctrine while I am also teaching them the stories, places, and names of the Bible using a children's Bible.

Devotions for the Children's Hour on Amazon.

(Incidentally, if you're interested, I intend to severly alter, or simply skip, two of the 48 lessons because they do not agree with my theology. But, all the rest are gems. I intend to use one lesson a day, over 48 days.)