Menu

IEW - Which one - SWI or All things are fun and fascinating ?

SWI A is very open and go. It comes with a schedule for 15 weeks or so of lesson plans... which you can easily stretch to a whole year. I don't think you will need both All Things F/F and SWI A. Either would be good.

I'm not sure which one I would recommend. We've always used SWI A b/c it is so easy (Andrew teaching, Jill's great lesson plans), but I'm changing things up this time around and trying All tHings with my 4th grader next year. It looks like a lot of fun and easy to implement. I guess it depends on whether you want to do the teaching or just let Andrew do it!

TWSS explains the whole program and shows you how to teach it, but it is not necessary for teaching if you are getting SWI A or All Things F/F. However, I would definitely recommend you get it and watch it at some point if you plan on using IEW for a while.

Hope this helps!

Thanks , that does help. I definitely want the teacher to do it , but I want to learn how to evaluate the writing or to help my dc with it . I am more a math person and English is my 3rd language so I need help myself with it :)

I've already ordered the package TWSS + SWI but now I think maybe I should have ordered TWSS + ATFF (it looks more fun and it's cheaper). Does anyone know if rainbowresource allows me to edit the order before they ship?