Menu

Help for a friend...online curriculum...

I have a friend that will have her fourth child in Nov. She presently has an 11yo, 8 yo, and 3 yo. She is interested in looking into online or other curriculums that are "all-in-one" and that the child can do on the computer and that can give and track assignments, grading, transcripts, etc. to help, mainly the older child, stay on track during the season of a new baby. What is out there that I can recommend to her? I've only heard (not ever looked into) the Alpha Omega/Life Pac items. What else is there?

Alpha Omega is affiliated with Switched on Schoolhouse (SOS) which is all on the computer. Not sure if it's online, or DVD(?)

We use the LA materials from K12 and really enjoy them. They offer online classes for upper middle (I think 6th for lit/LA but history & science may be online for lower grades--not really sure)... but it is an internet based charter school so it's basically online public school at home. Have her check with her state, some of them cover all books and materials! (not in AL, unfortunately! :()

I just ordered K12's LA5 today as we'll be finishing up the LA4 course in a week or two! :D DS has REALLY enjoyed it this year so we're sticking with it! :)

HTH! :)