Menu

PR2 Lit study ?

kchara

I'm looking at taking my older kids (8 and nearly 10) through PR at an accelerated rate. My question is, is the Lit study for PR2 necessary for this? I really just want them to understand the phonics/spelling rules completely. We use TOG for Lit, so I'm not sure if I really need it. Is it just sort of an extra to PR2, or is it necessary for the curriculum?

If your goal is simply the phonics/spelling rules, then no, you do not need to do the lit study. Granted, it will have them applying those skills in writing, but if you are studying literature in TOG and getting your writing done, then you could skip the Little House Study.

I just accelerated my 11yo through it at about a week of the schedule per school day and do not regret it. He needed the writing practice.

Thanks :) We're planning on using Classical Composition for writing, so I've got that covered, and I have the Lit covered with TOG, so I think I'll skip it for right now with PR, until my younger one needs it in a few years.