Menu

How do you usually reply to a WTB post?

When responding to a WTB post, it seems there are three options - reply by email, reply by private message, or just reply to the post. Unless the post says which is preferred, I'm never sure which to use. Does anyone do all three??

Thanks,

Sandy

No, I either quote what someone said, by pushing the quote button, and saying what I want to say, or I just click on the pen thing on the right side, and write a message. I don't pm or e-mail someone unless I know them well enough or am buying from them or selling them something.

When I post an ad (For Sale or WTB), I personally prefer to be PMed because it gives me automatic record of any transaction that transpires. So, when replying to a WTB ad, I usually PM them and then also reply to the post telling them I've PMed them (in case they don't get email notifications about PMs). I don't usually do the email option because I like to have records. The email option doesn't give me that.

By posting either place, I've basically "invited" people into my life, so I don't feel my privacy has been violated by a PM. I guess that's the way I hope the WTB post-ers feel too.

• 3 months later...