Menu

MM Download question

Emagine

I am curious on something. I want to DL 2 of the books for a suppliment to hit on some weak spots with my kiddo. If I DL these is it a DL and keep forever so I can use with child #2 or does it have a key or something that prevents that from happening.

I always try to think of my other son when I buy/do school items. More bang for the buck lol.

I ordered the entire set, for this very reason. I will use it twice. :)

As I have gotten into MM more deeply, I find that it pleases me so much more than Saxon. I keep Saxon hanging around for the time being, but I seriously have considered dumping Saxon completely. I have yet to find a topic for 5/4 that is not covered in MM. I will go through 6/5 and better judge for next year soon. I may use Saxon as the supplement next year.

I do disagree with the author about skipping problems. I caution you not to make this a common practice.

I just want to add that I have not been disappointed by the content or the pace. I worried about plenty of practice, but I bought the whole package and have the green, gold, blue, and light blue with the states and mental math. I do not think practice is an issue.

That is great, I love to read good reviews. My oldest in on TT3 (and he loves it) but I am finding he missed a good bit with T4L. I am doing back up and repeat I am afraid. But I suppose it is better now than never. As much as my kids like T4L, my other is 5 - I am not as fond of it as I was. I am trying to transition my one son and not make the same mistakes with my other.

When you begin with MM, or rather as I did, the change or difference was not as noticable. I began with the idea that the incremental approach would be more combined within a chapter rather than spread throughout as Saxon does. I am always concerned about the fine line between learning material and over learning material. I tend to seek out, at the very least, the mastery if at all possible. My original plan was to use it to reinforce a skill - pull from the green and gold books. Because I was working so much as of late, I printed the multiplication chapter from 4a to assist dd in learning. I knew it would be of use with the next littlest, and so purchased the entire package.

What I have discoverd, using the multiplication chapter as an example, is that the concepts change slightly but not so much that the original skill is not included. I know this sounds like double talk. Evolution ... this is a better description. Imagine 3X3 growing into 222X333. The stages, much better description than level, are truly geared toward the child learner.

Some of the problems are challenging at this point. They ask for a variance of the "missing number." I like the word problems myself. I am grateful for the reviews too. I found topics/skill sets that were not taught in Saxon. I pulled worksheets from 4a. :001_smile:

I really am surprised by the amount of math instruction and the wide variety of skills and topics. I am a Saxon lover - used for more than 10 years. I am still suffering from my own shock. I am out of the closet though. There are other maths that are as good or better. LOL:lol:

So, with all of that text above, I say this because I do not want you to be shocked by what may seem slightly out of place. It follows the progression of the skills. We as adults may not see it, but it is surprising to see dd grab it and say "oh it's like this." You may find much is missing too (meaning from what they have previously done in an equal level/grade book that is covered in MM and was not in the previous). I still can't believe the depth of some of the problems - requiring critical thinking and pratical application.

I think I babble today ..... Sorry!

Edited by ChrissySC
I need my glasses.